Go to top
The Brahmaputra Campaign includes various activities related to the river and its tributaries across the year.
- Jeevan Kite & River Festival
- Jeevan Village
- Helping Hand for the flood victims
- Brahmaputra Quiz on the river and its role in Assam’s heritage, economy and culture is organized.
- A cleanness drive is carried out at the riverfront.
- Brahmaputra Photography & Artwork Exhibition is being installed as a River Art Gallery.
- Brahmaputra Choreography contest based on the songs about Brahmaputra river and its tributaries is being organized.
- Brahmaputra Vandana witnesses thousands of people lighting up the riverside with earthen lamps.
All this is aimed towards creating a public sense of respect for the river, thereby motivating people not to treat it like a dirty drain and its banks as dumping grounds.
Jeevan Juice Festival
Organizing world’s first of its kind event Jeevan Juice Festival since 2013.
About one third of country’s total fruit species are found in the northeast. And yet people especially the new generation in this region are more addicted to artificial drinks. This festival has sought to create an atmosphere favourable for natural fruit drinks and promote fruit juice as a feasible entrepreneurship option in the region, with exposure to wider opportunities. It has been tagged as the world’s only juice festival of its kind with more than 25 varieties of juice tastes at a single point.
Drinking Water Inspection
- Samples collected from public tap water sources; their bacteriological & chemical analysis conducted at State Public Health Laboratory. Report released at Gauhati Press Club.
- Packaged drinking water bottles of various brands collected from market; their microbiological analysis conducted at State Public Health Laboratory. Report released at Gauhati Press Club.
- Youth Mentoring programme: arranging free one-to-one expert guidance for students
- Interactions with cultural icons/ policy-makers
- Personality camps/ contests etc.
- Facilitating USA-based Foundation for Excellence scholarships to economically needy technical students. 9 students have received entire study and living expenses till now.
- Facilitated NERAMAC workshops in Guwahati, Tinsukia, Morigaon, Goalpara, Dimapur, Roing on ginger/ pineapple/ orange/ soy/ vegetables/ agri-entrepreneurship.
- Jeevan Mels are also organised, which are get-togethers for sharing and spreading life’s dreams and constructive ideas.
6th Jeevan Kite & River Festival is a tribute to the river Brahmaputra, scheduled on 1-5 January 2017. Besides all other events, we invite you to join Brahmaputra Vandana by lighting up an earthen lamp for the river! Bring yourself and family and friends. Lets make this campaign greater!